Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Traditions

I can't believe that Christmas is 3 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes and 36 seconds away. Where did this year go? They say time flies when you get older, I didn't think the meant this quick. I feel like it was just August and we just got back from our cruise. Well I have to work the today and the next 3 days then it will be Christmas. I hope we are busy with Holiday haircuts. Makes time go by faster.
Melissa posted a Christmas Traditons survey over on her blog. She borrowed it from someone else so I thought I would borrow it from her.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper, it is more fun
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, that we cut down ourselves

3. When do you put up the tree? Normally the weekend after Thanksgivings. This year with our schedules it didn't get done until two weekends before Christmas

4. When do you take the tree down? The weekend after New Years

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but i only drink about a glass a year.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? That is a hard one. I loved my "Baby Talk" doll when I was younger, and Twister the board game. I played with Barbie's a lot too.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in- law. He always wants tools or something for the race car and I want to buy him something more personal.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister normally, this year was another story

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Traditional mail. I like the exciting of receiving cards, and handing them in the house. I also like the notes I write to people in the cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Wrinkle cream when I was 16

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch, with Jim Carey

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I buy odds and ends starting around Halloween, but most of it doesn't get done until after Thanksgivings

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I am aware of

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, it is not a Christmas tree without lights in my world

17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay Local, but travel to different families houses

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel at my parents house, Star at my house

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present christmas eve, the rest on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crazy drivers, and rude people

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? My wedding ornanments

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? We always do ham with my family

25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Stay in bed in my pj's and relax

26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? Waking up early on Christmas morning to sneak into the living room with my sister to see what Santa brought before my parents woke up

27. Favorite tradition now? Spending Christmas eve with my husband wanting a Christmas movie, and driving around to see lights

28. Favorite Christmas Memory? The year my husband asked me to marry him

1 comments:

Alissa said...

Great getting to learn a bit more about you. I've seen this around on a few blogs and it's fun to see everyones answers.

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for commenting.