Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2 week wellness appointment


I took Aubriella in for her 2 week wellness appointment. Everything looked good. Her weight is up to 6lbs 6 oz, she had dropped down to 5 lbs 15oz. Her height is 19 and a half inches, she had shrunk down to 17 due to swelling in her head from the delivery with vacuum and forceps. I love her pediatrician. She takes the time to answer all my questions and explains everything in detail. She's gentle and calming.
Last night she slept for 5 straight hours, it was heaven. I could get use to this, but know better to not hold my breath. Today my mother bought her a frog sound machine/night light. It has the sound of a heartbeat. We are trying it tonight to see if she will sleep in the bassinet next to the bed. She has been sleeping in bed with us, on my chest. It has been the only way she will sleep longer than 30 minutes. I want to nip this in the butt now.  I know it isn't a good habit to have them in your bed, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get them to sleep and you to sleep too. Fingers crossed that it goes well, I get sleep and can be more comfy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for commenting.