Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Busy past 5 days


The past 5 days have been crazy busy. I am ready for some time to relax and sleep. The weather around here has been amazing. Over the weekend it was in the upper 70s and gorgeous. Couldn't have been a better way to end the race season.
Friday I worked in the morning. I got off went shopping came home and started baking. I made brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and peanut butter cookies. I also cleaned the house and packed to spend the weekend at the race track. Dave, my father in law and I all left the house around 9pm to go to the race track and set up to make sure we had a spot. We sat around the fire and had a few beers and went to bed around midnight.
Saturday morning I had to work. Dave and I go up early went out to breakfast, I dropped him back off at the track. I got to work with 5 minutes to spare. We didn't plan the time out very well when the waitress took a 15 minute smoke break as we were waiting on our bill. I
I got off work and went to back to the race track. Things didn't go as well as expected for us. We got a flat and didn't have a spare so borrowed a team members, then they wouldn't let us back on the track. I ended up running the streets to get money and parts and beer. Came back very aggravated and didn't want to be very social. Bed came around 1 am.
Sunday morning we woke up around 9 and headed home to take a quick shower (and charge my cell phone). We ran make it in the feature race but got real loose so our driver pulled off. One of our team members ended up leading all 50 laps of the race and winning. It was a very exciting amazing race. It was a very long day. We didn't get home until after 10 pm. We grabbed the food and pillows and came inside and went to bed. We waited until Monday to unpack.
Monday I had to work 9 to 5. I came home and started to clean the master bathroom. Then Dave came home with dinner. We ate and his parents showed up to help us clean out the camper and the race truck. After that we had to take the camper back to my parents since we borrowed it from them. We came home watched house and I was asleep by 10.
I am happy the weekend is over. Race season is done for the year. We had a rough season with many things going wrong. Can't wait for next year of racing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for commenting.