Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgivings recap

Thanksgivings was an awesome relaxing, stress and drama free day. I woke up and made pumpkin cheesecake. I was suppose to make it Wednesday night but forgot to take the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften at room temp. So I let the cheese sit out over night and make it first thing in the morning. It didn't turn out as well as expected since I didn't have enough time to let it set in the fridge before dinner at the in-laws. But no one seemed to car it got eatting up real quick. You learn from your mistakes and it was my first time making it so I will know for next time (which sounds like xmas since everyone liked it so much).
I also made two banana cream pies. One for each side of the family. They turned out well (how can you really mess them up though?)
After making the pies I ran to the local Circle K to get the newspaper with all the ads. David and I sat at the kitchen table and went through them all to see if there was anything good and worth going out on black friday for.
I dvr'd the Macy's parade since I knew I wouldn't be able to sit there and watch the whole thing. Once finished looking at the ads we went down stairs to watch it. It was nice to be able to fast forward throught the commericals and everything. I think it only took us like 45 minutes to watch a three hour parade. My favorite balloons where kermit and shrek. I also love Jessica Simpson.

Dave and I left the house around 12:40 to be to his parens for dinner around 1. We got there before most of the other family. Had a blast seeing everyone. Around 3:30 we left there and over to my cousins for my side of the families thanksgivings. Not to much went on over there. Very low key. We kinda stayed to ourselves, which is normal. We hung out there for a while then went back to my in-laws.
David wanted to watch the Encredibles since we didn't go see it at the theatre and his brother bought it. While he watched that I cuddled and went into a turkey coma and took a nice little nap. When I woke up my nephew was there. He will be a year in January I think. That was only my third time seeing him, but thats a whole nother story. I played with him until about 11:15 then we left and went black friday shopping. More on that tomorrow.
How was your thanksgivings?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for commenting.