Tuesday, April 19, 2011

RLP

Oh the fun of being pregnant. Your going to be hearing that a lot out of me. Yesterday started a new side effect of being in my second trimester, Round Ligament Pain. Oh boy it is not fun. For those of you that don't know what it is, I didn't know what it was until someone told me about it :

Round ligament pain generally refers to a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache that pregnant women commonly feel in the lower abdomen or groin, starting in the second trimester.

You may feel round ligament pain as a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting out of bed or out of a chair or when you cough, roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub. You may feel it as a dull ache after a particularly active day — when you've been walking a lot or doing some other physical activity.
The round ligaments surround your uterus in your pelvis. As your uterus grows during pregnancy, the ligaments stretch and thicken to accommodate and support it. These changes can occasionally cause pain on one or both sides of your abdomen.
(taken from Babycenter.com )

All I wanna do is lay in bed and not move. Both sides hurt, one more than the other. My body pillow and I are becoming very good friends. Unfortunately that means that Dave gets less room in bed. I am hoping this symptom doesn't last to long, but I guess in a sense I would rather have this than the morning sickness caused by my hypermesis I am still dealing with.






You may feel the pain starting from deep inside your groin, moving upward and outward on either side to the top of your hips. The pain is internal, but if you were to trace it on your skin, it would follow the bikini line on a very high-cut bathing suit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for commenting.